We service all makes and models of all your heating equipment. From heat pumps to furnaces, oil to gas, there is nothing that we can’t handle. We offer fair pricing and everyone of our comfort specialist goes through continuous training to stay on top of everything changing in the hvac world.
Our office will accommodate YOUR schedule when you need to make an appointment. Our friendly office staff will call you the day before to remind you of your appointment and also when the technician is on his way to your home. You will also receive yearly reminders once a year when it is time to schedule your precision tune up!
Here are a couple quick things to check before you call us for service.
1. Is your thermostat set to heat and set at your desired temperature? I know this seems like a no-brainer but you never know who touched what, so just make sure the set point is a higher temperature than room temperature.
2. Has the furnace accidentally been turned off? Most furnaces are installed with an on/off switch near the furnace itself. Make sure this hasn’t been bumped accidentally or some little fingers got a hold of it.
3. Has the breaker or fuse been tripped or blown? Take a look at your electrical panel. Most fuses have a burnt look to them when they have blown. Breakers can be a little tricky, so instead of just looking at the breaker turn it all the way off then back on again. Half tripped breakers can give the appearance of being normal when there not.
4. Does your thermostat have a blank screen? A lot of thermostats on the market are still battery operated. Try replacing the battery’s in your thermostat “if it has them” before you call us. This may not always fix the issue you are having but it could save you a service call for something that was a easy fix.
5. When is the last time you changed your air filter? A dirty or plugged air filter can cause your hvac equipment to not run efficiently and even shut your equipment down completely. It depends on the type of filter, but if light has a hard time getting through then so does air. If your filter is very dirty remove it from your equipment and replace it with a new filter then turn the power off to the unit and then back on again at either the switch or breaker.
These things can either help you avoid a service call or better prepare your technician at time of service.
What people are saying
Ryan Heating & Cooling gave us excellent customer service. This was our first experience with this company and their technician Kevin came to our home within one hour of calling for an appointment and was able to quickly diagnose the problem. He was professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. The staff at Ryan Heating & Cooling was also extremely friendly. Our home is new to us and it was a pleasant surprise when they informed us of the warranty from the previous owners! We will definitely call them to repair or replace our system in the future. We have been recommending them to all of our family and friends and we are happy to have such a great company close to our home to depend on! Thanks! Dave
I do not have a google account set up on my computer, but i would like you to know Kevin was a very professional and polite. I would have him back here anytime. On a scale of 1 – 10 i would definitely give him a 10, very good job.
To anyone looking for a heating and cooling contractor, I would put my choice with Ryan Heating & Cooling, Inc. I bought a Carrier Infinity system in 2005 and have been completely pleased with the system. Ryan’s technicians are well trained and friendly, as well as their office staff. When and if there is warranty work,”NO HASSLE” !!!!!!