We service all makes and models of all your heating equipment. From heat pumps to furnaces, oil to gas, there is nothing that we can’t handle. We offer fair pricing and everyone of our comfort specialist goes through continuous training to stay on top of everything changing in the hvac world.
Our office will accommodate YOUR schedule when you need to make an appointment. Our friendly office staff will call you the day before to remind you of your appointment and also when the technician is on his way to your home. You will also receive yearly reminders once a year when it is time to schedule your precision tune up!
Here are a couple quick things to check before you call us for service.
1. Is your thermostat set to heat and set at your desired temperature? I know this seems like a no-brainer but you never know who touched what, so just make sure the set point is a higher temperature than room temperature.
2. Has the furnace accidentally been turned off? Most furnaces are installed with an on/off switch near the furnace itself. Make sure this hasn’t been bumped accidentally or some little fingers got a hold of it.
3. Has the breaker or fuse been tripped or blown? Take a look at your electrical panel. Most fuses have a burnt look to them when they have blown. Breakers can be a little tricky, so instead of just looking at the breaker turn it all the way off then back on again. Half tripped breakers can give the appearance of being normal when there not.
4. Does your thermostat have a blank screen? A lot of thermostats on the market are still battery operated. Try replacing the battery’s in your thermostat “if it has them” before you call us. This may not always fix the issue you are having but it could save you a service call for something that was a easy fix.
5. When is the last time you changed your air filter? A dirty or plugged air filter can cause your hvac equipment to not run efficiently and even shut your equipment down completely. It depends on the type of filter, but if light has a hard time getting through then so does air. If your filter is very dirty remove it from your equipment and replace it with a new filter then turn the power off to the unit and then back on again at either the switch or breaker.
These things can either help you avoid a service call or better prepare your technician at time of service.
What people are saying
Great service. All the techs and office staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. We’re so glad we chose Ryan’s! K. Phillips, Jefferson, OH
I work at Kenisee Lake Thousand Trails Campground in Jefferson, Ohio. Even though we are closed for the season, I have to stay here to look over the campground. I needed the Welcome Center and home serviced. I called the receptionist and spoke with her regarding what I needed to have done. She was very polite and understood exactly what I needed. She made the appointment for me in a couple of days. That really surprised me, because the weather had been extremely cold and bad. I thought since it was not an emergency that it would take longer. The technician arrived about half hour early on the scheduled appointment. The receptionist had called and confirmed the earlier time with me that day to see if that was okay. The technician was very polite, very professional and respectful to the home and welcome center. He knew exactly what he had to do and got right to work. After he had finished, he went over some other options that may help us with our heating and cooling problems. I would highly recommend Ryan Heating & Cooling, Inc. for anyone that may need help with their heating or cooling systems that you may need for your business or home.
Great service and very flexible to working around your schedule. Office girls are professional and friendly.